Friday 3 December 2010

Top 20 Christmas Songs.

So, this morning, I decided it was high time I made my Christmas playlist on Spotify. Generally I hate Christmas, but I do love the food, the drink and the amazing music that comes with it. Which brings me to my Top 20 Christmas Hits. There were no real criteria for this list; originally I was going to insist that they had to directly mention the festive season, but I broke my own rule. Obviously you probably won't agree with this list, and there are a multitude of reasons why these tracks have made the cut. Go write your own list if you're that bothered. Don't judge me for #1 - I genuinely believe it is the best Christmas song EVER written.

20. Lonely This Christmas - Mud

19. White Christmas - Bing Crosby

18. 2000 Miles - Pretenders

17. Walking in The Air - Aled Jones

16. Driving Home For Christmas - Chris Rea

15.  Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon and Yoko

14. Maybe This Christmas - Ron Sexsmith

13. Step into Christmas - Elton John

12. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

11. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney

10. Last Christmas - Wham

9. Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade

8. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard

7. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

6. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Choir of King's College, Cambridge

5. The Power of Love - Frankie Goes to Hollywood

4. Stay Another Day - East 17

3. Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid

2. Fairytale of New York - The Pogues

1. Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens


No comments:

Post a Comment