Monday 1 November 2010

Freedom for Weezy is deliciously close.

For my close friends, my 'friends' on Facebook and my followers on Twitter, my obsession with Lil Wayne, and the injustice that is his incarceration, is probably a bit of a joke. Let me rephrase: a massive joke. How can anyone hold such a passion for, and devotion to, a criminal; a criminal who is shorter than me no less, you may ask? First and foremost, I honestly believe he is massively talented, I also genuinely believe that he is a fantastic human being. I feel such a strong affinity with the chap that I seriously considered sending him some comforting words from England during his time in jail. I've had his release date etched into my Filofax and brain for months, and I'd even planned a party to mark his release - although I've had to cancel this so I can attend a friend's 21st bithday, but it is in a limo so feel like this is something Weezy would endorse.  Embarrassingly, someone in my seminar today saw this 'event' in my diary and asked if I was a personal friend. I also hold that there is not a single person on this planet who does not like at least one of his songs. Before you try and say you don't, please consult the ENORMOUS catalogue of all his songs, or appearances on songs - you'll surprise yourself.

Make no mistake, I realise Lil Wayne's possession of drugs and weapons was about as innocent as George Michael ordering a set of 7x5"s in Snappy Snaps, but he held his hands up for his crime, and there's a lot to be said for a man who can take 8 root canals, 3 tooth implants and several replacement implants in one sitting. If nothing else, he's my dental hero and I will rest easy in my bed when I see him walk through those prison gates.

MAXIMUM RESPECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment